Saturday, January 24, 2009

A wintery visit

This blog entry is a little delayed, but I have had a pretty busy week (and I appologize now for its length)! We had the end of the quarter sneak up on us and I had my first speech meet of the year today (Sarah came with too...oh what one does for love!!)


Becky, Sarah's mom, spent a few days with us last weekend! Sarah and her mom spent a ton of time doing wedding stuff: looking for a dress and visiting the wedding fair in Minneapolis. Needless to say, I had some nice down time to catch up on my tivo watching. It was great to have Becky (my future Mother-in-Law) hang out with us all weekend...even if she slept a lot :) Just kidding! Poor Becky was sick as all get out, but we tried to let her relax as much as possible!
This time, well Becky was snoozing during a movie, Sarah and I took some time to try out new hairstyles for our wedding day... 

Can't you tell Sarah loves this game!!

On Monday, Sarah and I had the day off, so we took Becky out to the Arboretum to see the wedding and reception site. We love the Arboretum! It is amazing how different it is during the winter, but we still had a nice time there! 

We started out with a walk to the Trex Deck, where the wedding ceremony will take place! Let's just say, it look very different right now than it does in the summer!! Just be thankful we are not getting married outside in the winter!
After braving the elements, we headed inside to eat in the restaurant. It was a nummy lunch and then we showed Becky the Macmillan Auditorium where our reception will be!
Sarah and I are coming up on the 6th months until the wedding mark...which is very exciting. Our parents are going to meet each other tomorrow morning and we are plugging away at the wedding plans! This has been an exciting ride and we are very thankful for all of the friends and family who have joined us along the way!!



4 comments:

Becky said...

We had a wonderful time today, Sarah and Travis. Thanks for getting us altogether. I guess, Travis, you are off the hook!!! It wasn't as bad as it could have been!!!!!!!!!
We really enjoyed meeting your family, Travis. They are very special people.
Love,
Dad & Mom (Geo & Bec)

Anonymous said...

Travis and Sarah, We just caught up on all the postings we missed. I had not been back to the blog since mid December. I will have to check more often. We love being in the loop. Thanks! Love Grandma and Grandpa H.

Becky said...

Reading my comment--I should clarify that I was referring to the pic of me sleeping when I said you are off the hook Travis. Not real flattering, but it could have been a lot worse. I didn't mean it pertaining to meeting your parents the way it sounded. Sorry for the way it sounded.
Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Oh Becky, I so thought you were rederring to the us ;) I actually laughed and thought it was funny, you do have a great sence of humor!
We had a most wonderful time meeting both of you. Dan says sorry he could not talk, the loss of his voice was most timely. Look forward to meeting the brothers at some point, they sound like fun also.
Hope all is well with everyone
Love Kimberly and Dan