Sunday, January 18, 2009

Mission Accomplished!

I found a dress! Yippee! Yahoo! I found a dress!

My mom, Becky, is in town for a three day weekend to do some fun wedding stuff. Yesterday we had a 1:00 appointment at David's Bridal. There's some crazy road construction in the area, so we were running behind and I was feeling stressed out. Not a great way to start a dress appointment. Then there were SO many people in the store. Again, not a great way to start a dress appointment.

However, I was lucky enough to have a wonderful consultant. She really helped to turn the mood around quickly. Welela was a complete sweetheart and she put me right at ease.

I'd already been on their website, so I had some dresses in mind. However, I noticed a great dress on a mannequin almost immediately. I tried on the dresses from my list and then Welela brought me the one from the mannequin. Is it "cheesy" to admit that as soon as I saw her unzip the bag, I knew it was 'the one'? When I put it on and came out to look in the mirrors, I actually got tears in my eyes. As someone who isn't overly emotional, this was a pretty good indication that this was the dress. It's the only one that got such a strong reaction from me.

Travis was right. When I found the right dress, I just knew it was the right dress. That's exactly what he told me would happen.

I would certainly hate to give too much away on the blog, but I would say that dress is perfect. It's elegant, simple, and kinda vintage looking.

Here are some dresses that I didn't get!

2 comments:

Mr.Rother said...

I am so happy that you found your dress! You would look beautiful in anything...but I am glad you found something that you LOVED!

Now that you have you dress...I guess it is too late to turn this around :) Just kidding!

Now I have to wait 6.5 months to see it...this is not fair!

Joy and Don said...

Hi Honey!

We knew you would find a dress! You scared me when I first checked your blog - I thought THAT was the dress! You are pretty tricky! Another step towards a perfect day!

Love you,
Joy:o)