Thursday, November 6, 2008

BIG Surprise!

During my 3rd hour class today, the phone rang and when one of my students answered they were told to "forget it. never mind". Kinda strange, but not unheard of. So, I thought nothing of it.


Shortly following the call, I heard someone outside my classroom. "Take it quick since she is going to be surprised right away." When I looked over to the doorway, I was STUNNED to see my brother Adam carrying a gorgeous bouquet. His friend, Jack, was with him to take a picture of my reaction. I started to get tears in my eyes because I was so shocked and touched by the gesture. I have a pretty awesome family.

Of course, Adam had to be silly to balance out being sweet (that IS the Burnett way). So the card on the flowers was for a 25th Anniversary and it read "good job. we love you. the four horsemen".

What a fun surprise! I was so excited to tell Travis what happened. He really gets a kick out of my brothers and thought it was very cool! I think he is excited to have 4 more brothers! And I know my four brothers are VERY excited to add brother #5!

3 comments:

Jeanne LaMoore said...

Too cool! I bet your students loved this. Wish I'd been there. Your brothers sound very fun!

Barb said...

Adam surprised us Wednesday by stopping at our house on his way to Jack's. We went to Wendy's for dinner (one of Adam's favorite places) before I had to go to choir. It was so fun to see him. He swore me to secrecy when he told us his plan to see you the next day. The flowers are beautiful. He did good!! So, in the last two weeks, 2 out of the 5 Burnetts have surprised us! We love it. July 31, 2009 is on our calendar.
Love you guys, Barb and Ger

Becky said...

When you told me Wed night you had not taught that day, I got real nervous about Thurs. I did not want Adam and Jack to get to the school and you were not there. I was very touched when he told me what he was going to do. We can still be amazed at our 5 children and that is a wonderful feeling.
Love you guys, Mom